Thai Spicy Fried Rice with Chicken - Khao Pad Prik Gai
A quick and easy Thai midweek meal ideal for using up any leftover rice.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 small red chillies finely sliced
- 350g boneless chicken, breast or thigh, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 600g cooked rice
- a handful of sliced shallots - usa onion if you don't have these to hand
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the chillies and the chicken and stir together until the chicken has started to cook.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar and light soy sauce and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- It will only take a minute or two, don't overdo it or the chicken will be rubbery.
- Add the cooked rice and stir thoroughly.
- Stir in the sliced shallots and stir to mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Carole Mason http://www.carolemason.co.uk/