Inspired by the recent sunshine I went out on a day of junk shop browsing and bought six of these lovely little ramekin dishes. I came home desperate to make immediate use of them so I whipped up this little dessert which is simple and quick to make – so enjoy the sunshine and a sweet taste of Thailand.
- 4 eggs
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 250 ml fresh coconut milk - you can use tinned but I don't approve!
- 1teaspoon coconut essence - you don't need this if the coconut is great but if not boost the taste by using this or rosewater to give a different twist
- Heat the oven to 150c
- Whisk the eggs and sugar
- Whisk in the coconut milk
- Pour into ramekins
- Place the ramekins in a roasting tray and fill halfway up the ramekins with boiling water
- Cook for 35 minutes until set then remove to cool
- I usually top these with grated coconut or desiccated even - to give a crunch, however they are fab with a sprinkling of icing sugar and topped with raspberries